Remote Deposit Anywhere FAQ’s
1. What is Remote Deposit Anywhere (RDA)?
Using CHB RDA you can now safely and securely make deposits to your Catskill Hudson Bank accounts using a picture of a check taken with the camera in your compatible smartphone.
2. What type of accounts can I make deposits to using RDA?
You can make deposits to any checking or savings account to which you are an owner on the account. Prior to scanning the original check you will restrictively endorse the back of the original check with “For CHB Mobile Deposit Only ”. Your endorsement must include your signature.
3. Are there time frames or windows when the checks must be submitted to the Bank?
You can submit RDA check deposits 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. RDA Deposits submitted through either method are processed like traditional paper check deposits. Check deposits received prior to 7:00 PM (EST) will be processed on the same business day.
4. Who can use the product? and How much does the service cost?
All personal and business customers with the required smartphone eligible for the product. You will need to read and agree to our RDA User Disclosure and Agreement, complete our RDA Application, and meet the Bank’s acceptance criteria. To apply and access the agreement and application please visit our website at chbny.com.
We are happy to offer this service free of charge. You may be charged for Internet access by your mobile wireless provider.
5. What types of checks can be deposited using RDA?
Personal and business checks drawn on a financial institution and payable in United States currency can be deposited through RDA. Deposit requires a picture of the front and back of the check. In the event that RDA is not available, or you are unable to scan a certain item, you can still deposit an original check at any of our branches or through our ATMs, or by mailing the original check to us at 643 Route 211 East, Middletown, NY 10941.
6. What types of check are ineligible for deposit using RDA?
This is a partial list, please see our disclosure for a definitive listing:
- Checks or items payable to any person or business entity other than you.
- Checks or items containing clear evidence of alteration to any of the fields on the front of the check
- Checks or items not drawn on a financial institution or payable in United States currency.
- Checks or items that are stale or post dated.
- Checks or items stamped with a “non-negotiable” watermark.
- Any third party check, defined as any item that is made payable to another party and subsequently endorsed to you by such party.
7. How will you know what account to make my deposit to?
The smartphone given you the option to pick which one of your accounts you want to make a deposit to. You will choose which accounts you want to deposit to upon applying for the product.
8. How am I notified that my deposit has been accepted?
After you make a deposit you will receive an email from the Bank letting you know the deposit has been approved, noting the time, date and amount of the deposit, and we will provide you with a reference number. The RDA application will also retain the deposit information for five days, along with an image of the front and back of the item deposited. You can also print a confirmation of your deposit, which includes images of the front and back of the item deposited.
9. Are there any deposit limitations using RDA?
The RDA service has qualification requirements. If approved for the service, we will place limits on the number and dollar amount of deposits you can make per day and month. The limits will be based on a review of your account history.
10. How long should I keep the original paper checks after I make my deposit?
We recommend that you retain the original check for 90 days to safeguard against unexpected or unusual circumstances on your account. In the interim period do not alter or destroy the check.
11. How will I know if the picture quality is acceptable?
The software performs an analysis of the picture of both the front and back of the check before it submits the item for processing. As each check is submitted individually, each item will be reviewed separately.
12. How do I change my password?
Upon signing into the application you can access your Options by hitting the “i” on the bottom of the first screen. We require an alphanumeric password with at least six characters.